KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  Over 13 years of experience practicing law.
8989662

My husband is being charged with child abuse but we have

Customer Question

My husband is being charged with child abuse but we have completed numerous services prior to this through the department of child safety and not sure how to proceed with the options provided to us.
2 options: Complete child abuse diversion program for 26 weeks at our cost or proceed with prosecution and defending himself.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. I am happy to assist.

You definitely want to go with the first option of the 26 week program. If you proceed with prosecution there is a chance that he will be convicted of this. You will need to hire a lawyer, unless you are indigent and then you can get one for free. You will probably spend much more on a lawyer than the program and still have a risk of him being convicted.

The only way that the second option makes sense is if the charges are so baseless and there is no evidence, so your attorney doesn't think there is any possibility of him being convicted. Then it may be worth proceeding.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

Kim

Hello, this is Kim, the attorney who assisted you with your legal question.

I didn't see any follow up questions for you and this question is still open.

I am online today if you have any questions about the above. If not, please do rank my answer with positive feedback, so that I get credit for my work with you.

Thanks so much and take care,

Kim

Hello, This is Kim, the attorney who assisted you last week.

I see that this question is still open. Please go ahead and rate my answer with positive feedback. The top three ratings will make sure that I get credit for my work with you.

Thanks so much and take care,

Kim