California Lawyer
California Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice law in California
19551178

I have a baby daddy to an unborn child and he will not

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have a baby daddy to an unborn child and he will not listen to me when I tell him he is not welcomed here at the house I'm at. He keeps saying he's coming and he has a record of harassing and menacing and even got a charge dropped of an assault in the 4th degree on my mother!
JA: Employment law can be complex. Fortunately, the attorneys we work with can answer any questions you have about harassment, and I'd like to match you with the person who's the best fit.
Customer: Ok who would that be?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I've only talked to police and they have told me numerous times to retain a restraining order against him but I am afraid he will break it and not follow by it
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: He's a physical and mental abuser!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  California Lawyer replied 4 months ago.

The police are correct. Seek a restraining order. If he violates it, it gets the criminal process started and gives the police something to work with. A violation of a restraining order is a crime. Make sure you record his contacts and save text messages. Have witnesses if possible.

What he is doing is illegal and if you work with the courts and police, they will make it stop. Plus, its good evidence to have in the inevitable family court battles to come.

I hope this helps.

DCG