Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.
26798026

MY DAUGHTER WORKS CHECK CASHING COMP. This morning she was

Customer Question

MY DAUGHTER WORKS FOR A CHECK CASHING COMP. This morning she was informed that she did not count the safe when she left work at 15:00hrs. A co-worker informed her that the supervisor inserts $20, 10ths and fives into different stacks of currency. Is this entrapment?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: ALabama
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no, this just happened now
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

What you're talking about sounds like it could be some sort of setup, but it's not entrapment. Entrapment is something that occurs when police lure someone into committing a crime, and you daughter didn't do anything wrong here. Entrapment also only comes into play if they tried to charge your daughter with committing a crime.

Other than saying she didn't count the safe, what happened? Did she count the safe?

Do you still have questions about this?