Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My husband had put 1w vicodin in my son's pill bottle and I

Customer Question

My husband had put 1w vicodin in my son's pill bottle and I did not know and I put them in my purse. Police came to my house with a search warrant for stolen property, but was really only there to look for pills. My husband told the police the pills was his, he went to jail. 3 or 4 days later I got a call from one of the police officers and was told that since I did not agree to talk to them about my husband, cause there wasent nothing to tell them, he said they was charging me too. Now I am facing possession charges, I've never been in trouble. At first my lawyer said he was going to challenge the search warrant trial is in less than a month, thus has been going on for almost a year. Any advice?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 3 months ago.

A question like "Any advice?" is going to get you a very general answer you're not going to like. People who ask a question like that usually have something very definite that they are looking to know. What is it??

Include the US state in which this is happening and the section of the law under which you're being charged. Were the pills found in your purse or elsewhere?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 3 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you still need help. If so, please reply here on this question thread.