Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I have a misdemeanor Warren out of idaho can they extradite

Customer Question

I have a misdemeanor Warren out of idaho can they extradite me back from new mexico if I get pulled over or something
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: Failure to pay fines in idaho
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

No, states do not extradite on misdemeanor warrants. You can only be taken in if you are picked up on the warrant in New Mexico.

That said, states have nasty ways to get your attention and if you don't eventually tend to your New Mexico warrant, New Mexico will eventually suspend your driving privileges. That will mean that you'll lose your right to drive anywhere in the country, and you can be arrested for driving without a license wherever you are if caught. And the only way you'll be able to get your license back will be to go to New Mexico and clear your warrant.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.