Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

I got charged with armed robbery in 2006, it was with a BB

Customer Question

Hi , I got charged with armed robbery in 2006 , it was with a BB gun but ever since then I have not been re-arrested what so ever . It was dumb what I did and I paid the consequence for it . I was wonder if I could get a firearms license , to protect myself and my company if I ever had to . I'm in Massachusetts
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Were you convicted of this violent felony in Massachusetts?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did 3 months time and 3 years of supervised probation which I completed with no other issues with the law and I paid my restitution fees as well .

Thank you for your follow up.

The only way a person convicted of a felony would be able to have firearms rights restored in Massachusetts, if the person convicted of the felony files a petition for full pardon with restoration of the firearms rights to the governor's office and such full pardon with restoration of firearms rights is granted by the governor (which is very rare when it comes to violent felonies).

Because full pardon with restoration of firearms right is generally very difficult to obtain, especially for a violent felony, I would strongly suggest that you do consult and retain an experienced local Mass. attorney who specializes in post-conviction relief and restoration of firearms and civil rights.

You can find an experienced and skilled local post-conviction relief and restoration of firearms and civil rights law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:

www.lexmundi.com
www.martindale.com
www.lawyers.com
www.legalmatch.com
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to post-conviction relief and restoration of firearms and civil rights law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter might be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!