Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Is it considered fraud if my sister gave me permission to

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: Is it considered fraud if my sister gave me permission to sign her name on a rental lease?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Maryland
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I owe her money and because she hasn't gotten all of her money on time and I'm late on rent she is saying she pressing charges in me No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. Can you share with me why you did this in the first place or why she asked you to do this?

Hi, are you still with me?