Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I was with a friend while he was driving drunk. We were

Customer Question

I was with a friend while he was driving drunk. We were involved in a hit and run. Was pulled over shortly after when he ran a red light. I was questioned but stated I would rather not say anything. At that point the officer told me that wasn't going to work out well for me. My friend was arrested and I was told to go home. I'm I still at risk of being charged for anything?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: California. Maybe a little of a month ago
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I was scared for my friend. I told him to go. I think he was going to anyway
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

1. Did you tell him to go through the red light or to leave the scene of the accident?