Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience

I have a question that i believe falls under criminal law.

Customer Question

i have a question that i believe falls under criminal law. That said i said its actually hypothetical but important for me to know none the less.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 3 months ago.

What is your question?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ive already asked it do u see it
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ask a question
15 July 2016 01:26
bonnie and clyde were involved i an...
bonnie and clyde were involved i an incident monday night late in inner city indianapolis
clyde is 51 white male spotless record other than couple traffic tickets only hiccup is recently clyde got a ticket for expired plates which he has fixed the plates but let the date to pay the ticket so got anoticde of suspended lic so at the time of incident he is driving on suspended licbonnie has a long record including time in federal prison, state prison in the past and more recently was driving drunk ran a car thru a house almost killing an old lady so so spent 77 days in jail and is out on two years home detention, so a week or so ago bonnie gets a second charge for promotion of prostitution so i guess they rolled both charges into one or something like that, she signed a new bond has some pay 3k bail her out while she awaits trial in november or so at which time she is very fearful of prison time . meantime she is no longer on house arrest just cant leave the stateso the stage is set
monday night late bonnie and clyde are in clydes car and clyde is driving
in the car they have meth, zanex, herion, and suboxone
they get pulled over clyde is fumbling for his regristration meanwhile police see bonnie trying to hide some pills so out of the car and into handcuffs they both go police seperate them so they cant talk to each other meanwhile car search continueswhen complete search yields a big zip lock back with lots of the above mentioned product in, about a gram of meth, six zanex, 10 suboxine , i dont know that they found the herion or not because it later came out that bonnie had swallowed a fair amount of the sustancethey take clyde to the side for interogation first, clyde has no exprience with this, is scared to death, not wise to the tricks and tactics used by police to obtain info, in fact the cop thinks he is disrespecting him and gets angry puts him back on the curb, then they take bonnie and interogate her for a much longer period of timethen the cop and bonnie emerge the cop looks at clyde and says " you are the luckiest mf in the world she took the whole dam rap for you!!fast foward half hour or so clyde is uncuffed and on his way back to the affluent norhern suburbs suspended lic and allbonnie has the medics checking her out due to swallowing the herionso clyde is back to his life bonnie is in county jail awaiting trial for now three charges and transfer to state prison next weekso basically bonnie said all the drugs were hers and clyde had no knowledgeif bonnie had not done this what would have happened to clydeor if both said the other or neither would admit how would that have likely been charged
how much would the fact they were in clydes car effected it
how significat would the vast difference in criminal backgrounds ratedin a nut shell how much did bonnie save cylde from and how much did she add to her own situation by say ing all the drugs were hers
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thats my question----mostly what could have happened to clyde if bonnie hadnt saved his but

Good question.

If Bonnie did not confess and take all the blame then Clyde would have been facing possession charges and possession with the intent to deal.

The car would have been seized. Clyde would have been facing 10 years on the two charges. He would have likely negotiate a plea deal and try to get it knocked down to simple possession. As a first time offender he may have been offered a diversion program (probation and treatment). (Assuming he had the right attorney.)

Part of the plea would be testifying against Bonnie. (No testimony no deal). They might also try to turn him to become a confidential informant.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,