Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

A friend of mine is in serious danger of her life in the

Customer Question

A friend of mine is in serious danger of her life in the USA, I am in England what can I do?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: New York
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: The police have said she is an adult therefore they can't do anything. This is an abusive husband who has previous convictions in New York State and now in Florida for domestic abuse. We think he has abducted her, please help!
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Today, in New York State , but he was arrested in Florida on Sunday.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: This guy is extremely dangerous and my friends life is in danger. We think she has been abducted by him.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking if you can force the police to investigate this?