Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law

I am a registered sex offender. I have a person who is

Customer Question

I am a registered sex offender. I have a person who is contacting my work, clients of the Buisness I work for and posting on line about my crimes. My offence was 15 years ago. This person is clearly trying to get me fired and force my employer to fire me. Do I have a legal case against her.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately, there is not really anything that you can do against her unless anything she says is untrue. Convictions are a matter of public record. The type of lawsuits that are usually available in a situation where someone is spreading information is either defamation/libel/slander or invasion of privacy and false light. But for someone to be defamed or to be portrayed in a false light, the things that are being said have to be untrue. And for invasion of privacy it has to be a private fact...and public records are not private facts. So unfortunately, while it is terrible that you are being put in this position, you don't really have a good action against her unless she makes a mistake and says something that is untrue.

I notice you haven't rated me yet. Was there any additional information you needed?