AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience

I am a breeder of Persian's and have a question about how to

Customer Question

Hi, Hi, I am a breeder of Persian's and have a question about how to handle situation:I thought this would be a federal offense transporting kitten not paid for across state lines and then having no intention of paying for him and selling it on craigslist to whom?? They did find her to serve her papers but she has quite a few liens against her already. There should be a court date set here very soon how can i find out where he is?Delivered two kittens to a flipper not knowing this until to late. One of the kitten's was being picked up by it's owner and the other she advertised for sale on craigslist and of course it wasn't paid for. So the one that got picked up by its owner ended up with fleas and must have gotten bitten by one and had to have a blood transfusion last week and on meds. I have went to Mason City, IA which is 4 hours from where I live and filed a small claims but apparently the wrong type, as when I went to file this I told the lady that I wanted my money or the kitten back as she was not to be able to sell kitten without my knowledge and then I would have the option to take back. So now i am waiting for court date but in the meantime this happened to other kitten do i or can i get court to tell me where this kitten is I have posted two different ads on crraigslist hoping someone will see and someone did reply yesterday telling me that I am an idiot and have mental problems. Not the case but think he knows something and telling me to back off this xxxxx I will not back off until i know where this kitten is, as it could be dying right now. What can I do to find him and what can i add to small claims Help PleaseMinnesota / Iowa
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney with 15 years experience and I'd be happy to assist for informational and educational purposes.

Before I answer your question, I have a few points I'd like if you could clarify: Have you filed a police report? How did this person come into possession of your kittens if they were not paid for?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
did not file police reportShe is from IAI delivered the two kittens to Mankato, MN and of course she forgot her check I also gave her food , treats, and play toys to give to other owner also and nothing passed on to him

In small claims court, they conduct things a bit informally. It will probably be tough to get an order compelling the other party to give you that information that you want prior to the trial. You can go to the trial and ask for that information, and the judge will probably ask the other party to disclose it.

In the alternative, you may get some assistance from the police. If you file the police report for theft, the officers may go question this woman and be able to help you get your kitty back.

Has that answered your question?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
she sold the cat and when i went to file small claims they did a standby and some guy is trying to tell me to back off will attach
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i need to go to other computer
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry there is some foul language in my email but I am pissed and had enough and I think this person knows something here is a copy of email
U are a true wack job u need mental help. To bad there are people like u in this world feel sorry for the cat. Get over it u probably gave it fleas leave stacey alone
On Jul 11, 2016 1:52 PM, "craigslist(###) ###-#### wrote:
Chad –
You want to see an idiot you just wait you got yourself into something you don’t ‘want to be involved – I am the witch with the broomstick that will be haunting you so watch your actions.
I can prove more than you think there buddy so just watch it and please pass this on to the bitch if you would please………….. Why can’t Stacey talk to me herself did she do some wrong here why do you have to defend her? And what for she is guilty of a crime and by the time I’m done I want her ass in jail so no one else has to go through this bullshit. Do you understand me??????? If not call I and I will explain a little better to you the problem I won’t get over.
Who are you? You know I have a life and want to save the life of this kitten that I thought was going to a good home. Flipper I tell ya I will get over it when I have that kitten of money for him until then - game on baby and you better stay out of my way unless you want problems also.
Do you understand that Gary’s kitten now has a vet bill of over $2000.00 due to Stacey’s dumbass? That will be added to the small claims bill as I am responsible for her actions and her actions will be stopped NOW. Give me the information I want or Need and I will quit.
You know what dumbass I don’t want to nothing to do with you or hear from you unless you have info on this kitten.
figure it out Dumbass if I didn’t have Fleas at my place and the kitten that Gary picked up from Stacey’s place just a few hours after she picked them up, Then where the f**k did they come from did they just jump on Gary’s kitten when he left there? Get your facts straight before you say anymore to me Dumbass.
And you know if Stacey had any feelings in that body she would be contacting me with info on this kitten so he doesn’t die, so help me find the kitten instead of writing bullshit.
Help me out there is a reward for the kitten
From: Chad M*** [mailto***@******.***]
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2016 9:27 AM
Subject: Re: Looking for Who Bought Red Persian Kitten From Lady in Mason City, IA
Get a life dumbass u can't prove where fleas came from so get over it move on. U sound like a idiot
Original craigslist post:
About craigslist mail:
Please flag unwanted messages (spam, scam, other):
Original craigslist post:
About craigslist mail:
Original craigslist post:
About craigslist mail:

The police dept can subpoena or issue warrants to get the information on who sent that message and where it came from. That person is threatening you and this seems to have evolved into more than just a lost kitty. I think you should file a police report and tell them that not only was your kitty stolen, but now you are in fear for your safety and want to get your stolen property (your kitty) back. That might be more effective than the small claims case. You should give the police those messages.

How stressful! I'm sorry!

Hi, Heather here. I'm just checking in to ask you if I answered your question, as it's still showing up as open. Let me know in the chat if I answered your question, please?