Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I have been doctor shopping. I live in St. Louis County, MO

Customer Question

I have been doctor shopping for Benzodiazapines. I live in St. Louis County, MO and I've been doing it for about 1 year. They have just passed a law - MO. being the one of the last states to do so about doctor shopping. I have been clean and not doing it for about 3 months. I too much to lose, However, they are on a witch hunt. am I in danger of being arrested?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Any new legislation has an effective date, and it should never be retroactive.......so, as long as there's no doctor shopping activity after the enactment of the legislation, you should have no issues.

Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

I don't see where the legislation has yet passed......the last I see is that the senate had it for review in mid-May. It certainly could have passed -- I just don't see anything out there.