Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I am 2 years in on a 3-year federal supervised release

Customer Question

Hi - I am 2 years in on a 3-year federal supervised release program. I am on the low intensity system; I never meet or even speak with my PO except via email about once every few months. Monthly, I complete an online form to 'check in'. A few days ago, my PO sent me an email that asked if I could come into the office next Friday to fill out some paperwork; when I asked what it was about, she replied that she is being required to complete this, should take about 20-25 minutes.I asked if anything was wrong with my case ... she replied via email that no, nothing was wrong as far she knew - and if there was, she would have been up front with me about it. The Friday appointment is just basic housekeeping, and hopefully that should 'eliviate any of my concerns'.It's a stupid question I know, and I can't imagine she would send me an email over a week in advance asking if I could some by sometime this Friday just to complete some paperwork if anything was wrong. But this is the only time she has ever asked me to do this (I am now exactly one year almost to the day I have remaining on supervised release). I have not received any notice that I am in violation of anything, and she has made zero contact with me except for this request.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. Can you share with me what your question is?