PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Ok, bare with me this might be a little confusing but I just

Customer Question

Ok, bare with me this might be a little confusing but I just need help understanding where my case stands.Few months ago in December a friend of my friend (who i use to talk to years back in 2011). I ran into him at a mutual friend graduation. At the time I didn't realize it or how he got my information. but he stole my debit card information and paid phone his phone (that is what i think happened). Because after a week of the gruaduation I checked my bank statement and there way a phone billed paid after a week of the graduation. I called the phone company and they told me my card was used to pay for a phone bill which they provide me the phone number. The number happens to be my friend's friend (who I use to date/talk to back in the days but not anymore). I talked to my friend and he talked to him and he denied doing it. And also threaten me if I go to the police that he would say i was his gf and i paid for him. I have a text message saying that he doesn't know what am talking about. I haven't talk to this guy or had any contact over a year. How can I prove to the police that it wasn't me that he stole my card number. At the time he apologized and decided to return money he owns me from the past and told me not to go to the police. I didn't go to the police but i dispute the charge with my bank and decided to be friends with the guy. After awhile he denies everything. Now I have filed a police report and the detective told me to send him a picture of my texts, bank statement and my debit card picture. What is my chances and how can I prove that I didn't let him use my card? Can he say that I am the one who paid for it even on the text where he said he doesn't know what am talking about when I asked him about using my debit card. So what is my chances of winning this case or how should I go about it. And i wanted a criminal case.amount was $47 but it is still about the principal for me.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what does that mean?
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 5 months ago.

The chances are good that you would prevail.

Just send to the Police the information that the Police have requested from you and let the Police deal with him. He is trying to scare you into not pursuing the case against him.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I mean what kind of Evedence would the court need to find him guilty ? Do they need an actually evidence that he is the one who used it ... Wouldn't that be hard to prove or the bank statement and the phone bill and all be good enough

Cases are usually proved by circumstantial evidence. So," the bank statement and the phone bill and all be good enough."

Thank you for your cooperation.