KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  Over 13 years of experience practicing law.
8989662

I am a male nurse and I am being accused of assault even

Customer Question

I am a male nurse and I am being accused of sexual assault even though the husband was standing right there. The husband wife was fully gowned in the room laying on the gurney and stated I brush her breast while checking her iv.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Not sure if I need a lawyer
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I am an attorney and am happy to assist you today.

I don't think that this can go anywhere. Obviously you could accidentally brush against her breast while checking her IV so even if that happened, it's not an assault.

There is no way for them to prove this either. I would just stand by your position, that it didn't happen, or that it was an accident if it did happen, and that should be the end of it. Sounds totally ridiculous to me. Don't let them treat you this way. You have an important job to do, and unfortunately sometimes it is embarrassing for the patient. That is just how it is, and they shouldn't be taking this feeling out on you, who is just there helping them.

Best of luck.

Kim