Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

I would like to do a back ground check on myslef, I have a

Customer Question

I would like to do a back ground check on myslef
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: I have a 10 year hold but I don't remember the actual dates. California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, but would like to talk to one. I am older now and would like to get into hunting.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I would like to go trough a pardon process.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 3 months ago.

In order to get an official background check, you would have to get printed and order your criminal record from either the FBI or the State of California.

The FBI would give you your 50 state and Federal record. You could get just your California record here.

Here's some information the California pardon process. No lawyer is necessary to apply for a pardon.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 3 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.