Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney and Counselor at Law

Violated probation

Customer Question

Violated probation
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 3 months ago.

I will help you with your question. Let me know what you would like to know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
As happens in court hen u violate probation

When you go to court, you will be entitled to a hearing under Rule 27.

The hearing will decide if your probation should be revoked and if you have to go to jail for the violation.

You have the right to have an attorney at the hearing. If you cannot afford an attorney, you can ask the court to appoint one for you.

You can fight the violation charges at the hearing with the help of your lawyer. You can testify and bring witnesses to help prove you did not violate probation.

If you did violate your probation and you decide to admit this, your lawyer can help bring up reasons that show you should stay out of jail. For example, this was the first violation, you are going to work, you are attending a court appointed program.

The court will then made a decision. The judge can decide to modify your probation and keep you out of jail. He can also decide to revoke your probation and sentence you to jail.

Please let me know if I can help you more. If you are satisfied with my answer, I ask that you rate me by clicking on the stars. 5 stars is the best rating I can get.