Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I am wondering about how illegal phone sex is, I live in

Customer Question

I am wondering about how illegal phone sex is
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: I live in Pennsylvania . The state I deal with comes from Florida I believe
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have not
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: That I only just started it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 9 months ago.

Please give me some background and tell me what was done, so that I can best answer your question. Was the person you communicated with at least 18?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I found a job online as a phone sex operator . I have no information on whom I speak with and I just wondered about the legality of what I'm doing as supplemental income
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 9 months ago.

Thank you. It's not illegal to be a telephone sex operator. The sexually explicit conversation would be consensual, and that's perfectly legal, so long as the person to whom you're speaking is at least 18.

You need to check with your employer to make sure they screen to make sure that a caller is not underaged and to find out what to do if you suspect a caller to be under 18 years of age

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 9 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think I'm ok. I'm just trying to protect myself
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 9 months ago.

I think you're okay too.