AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience

I was pressured into filing a false Insurance claim on my

Customer Question

I was pressured into filing a false Insurance claim on my card and then I stopped it before it went to claim now I'm being charged with insurance fraud what do I do I was in fear for my life he he also pretended to be my father and made a statement I have a twins 5 month old and A 6 year old
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I'm already on felony probation
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: West Sacramento California
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I signed a piece of paper that the person said I would cancel the claim and then no further pursuance would be involved after that but I guess it was proceed anyway
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney with 15 years law experience, and I'll be assisting for informational purposes.

The answer depends on how overt the fraud was. Can they prove beyond a reasonable doubt that your intent was to defraud the insurance company, or do you have some type of explanation that might get you out of it? If you can't think of any way around this as far as a good explanation for your actions, then you need to get a criminal attorney to represent you.

Has this helped at all? Have I been able to answer your question?