Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

In 2006 I was convicted of manufacturing methamphetamine. In

Customer Question

In 2006 I was convicted of manufacturing methamphetamine. In 2014 I was convicted of possession of methamphetamine. I was arrested this June for possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine and have not been sentenced. Am I a candidate for the the strikes law, and what amount of prison time am I looking at?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You are looking at being a habitual offender under the GA 3 strikes law and you are looking at having to do 100% of the sentence imposed by the judge without eligibility for early release. Typically, the sentence for possession with intent to distribute is about 10 years, but that depends also on the quantity, as it could be higher or you could negotiate a lesser offense and sentence as plea bargain, but if you are convicted and sentenced you will have to serve all of the time and no early release.