Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Iwasaccusedofhavingafirepitinmyyardwithoutapermitandthepolic

Customer Question

Iwasaccusedofhavingafirepitinmyyardwithoutapermitandthepoliceofficersaidiscramedandyelledathimandusedfoullanguage.
JA: Huh?
Customer: Didyougetthat
JA: Huh?
Customer: Accused of yelling and using foul language at the officer
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Pa
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Cannot afford one
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I was yelling but not at the officer. There is a history with this officer.he's picked on me since was 12 and now I'm 32 and I'm not taking it anymore
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

What precisely were you charged with? If you can provide me with the section of the law given on the citation, I could tell you more about what you're up against.

Also, what is it about this situation that you wish to ask?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Iwaschargedofyellingandscreamingatthepoliceofficerandusingfowllanguage.iwasyellingbutnotattheofficer,thispolicehasahistoryofpickingonmeaharrasingmesinceiwas12nowim33tryingtodealwithsomeofmyownmedicalissuesandi'mnottakingitfromthispoliceofficeranymore.myquestioniscanhesitemefordisorderlyconduct?
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

Yes, he can cite you for disorderly conduct if you bad mouth a police officer or, for that matter, anyone else. You can see the charge here.

It is a misdemeanor of the third degree if you were asked to stop by the officer and persisted. Otherwise it's a summary offense.

If you want to fight the charge you can go into court and plead not guilty after your arraignment. Then you can let the judge know that you do not have the funds to afford a lawyer and ask him to appoint you a public defender. He can take over the matter from there.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ididnotsayanythingpersonaltowarsthepoliceofficeriwasjustsayingmypeacethenwentintothehouse