Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

What happens when you do not appear in court temp restraint

Customer Question

What happens when you do not appear in court for a temp restraint order, it is lifted, things are fine between you and your partner, and you get a letter saying the PD is charging him with Assault and Battery...he then says, I told the judge you lied to the police...everything you said to them was a complete lie. I didn't lie about one thing...I am beside myself
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 5 months ago.

Hello.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I need clarification on a couple of things before I answer. What do you mean what happens? Do you mean with respect to the criminal case against him or whether his statements about you having lied to the police affect you or what?