PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

My fiance is in prison works in canteen. Has a good repore

Customer Question

My fiance is in prison works in canteen. Has a good repore with the boss. He is the assistant lead man was given permission, along with the lead man. To purchase some tobacco. The boss has allowed this several times in the past. Will leaving work on thurs June 30. He was stopped by captain placed un the hole pending investigation. They are both in the hole. They have not been charged. I was told bybthe investigator thatvit was fir his safety because if other inmates find that he received favors it would be dangerous. Makes no since to me. After the investigation it will be the same. Hes on lock down for what? All rights taken away, the boss has permitted this in the past. The investigator says too much inmate familiarity is what us being investigated. So y is he in the hole? He had permission? Please help me understand this. He has money to pay for this. There not accusing him of stealing so wat are they doing. And she says it wil rke an addiional 2 weeks because if her case load. Seems unfair.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 3 months ago.

There is really nothing that can be done here. The investigation would be done and he would be returned back to his cell. It does not matter that his boss has allowed it in the past. That does not make the action right. He just needs to wait out the investigation and then back to his cell and continue with his normal routine.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.