PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I, New york, No. I have a friend who is 22 years old. He met

Customer Question

i
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: New york
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I have a friend who is 22 years old. He met a girl on Chatrandom. He asked her age. her answer - "18" He began to engage in "webcam sex" with her. If she turns out to be underage, can he be charged with a crime?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 5 months ago.

No, he cannot since he did not know that she was lying about her age. Ignorance of the fact is a valid defense.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.