Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

Im not sure just yet, but it arrived at my previous address,

Customer Question

Im not sure just yet, but it arrived at my previous address, just curious is it a sign of moment trouble?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: I reside in Southern California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No i hadn't received the letter it's for coming from my old address sent to me by my former neihbor
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I'm recently retired cause of severe RA I'm guessing it may be an old Child Support bill ive been paying for the last 15 years out of my check so it may be a collection
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your specific question for us?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
this is the first letter in my 55 year old life and wondering before I receive as to its possible nature?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am recently divorced, and presently paying an old arrearage bill. Does that have something to do with it?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just curious if I may need a liaison in advance for defense

What does the letter state specifically?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Oh I haven't received it yet, it was sent to my former address. My neighbor was alerted by the post man cause no one lives yet in my former home I rented. So he called me with a sm stack of mail, and he just informed me of the letter content. My question is what is normally the nature of a particular letter from the US Dept?

Thank you for your reply.

The letter for arrears would come from the state, usually the District Attorney Office of Support Enforcement. However, before you know what to do you have to know what that letter says specifically.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank Sir, when I finally receive and read the content, if I need liaison aid could you guide me to a reputable service.
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, you can get a reputable attorney (family law if this has to do with your divorce) at the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com
If you are in a small city, then search for the nearest large city to you in order to increase your choices.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you Sir you've been a great help, please know that after I get the content I will inquiry with you again
Thank you very much. Best wishes and let me know.