N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983

Story short. My boyfriend is a sex offender. We got in a

Customer Question

Long story short. My boyfriend is a sex offender. We got in a argument so I went and stayed with my mother for a week and he said he was going to leave so I assumed he did and told the sex offender lady he left. So now he has a 2,500 bond for failure to register, but come to find out he never left so technically he shouldn't be in jail then. He has court tomorrow will they let him out or what since he never left from the house he is registered at?
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

I cannot phone you, but my opinion is that he is not guilty of failure to register because he is registered at what remains his current address. So I predict he will win the case eventually if the prosecutor does not just dismiss it.

I hope this information is helpful.