Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I was at a happy ending massage parlor. Can I get caught

Customer Question

hi, I was at a happy ending massage parlor. Can I get caught after the fact
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Ct
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No it already happened would an owner of the place turn me in
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: It was jut masturbation on my part- been there before
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

No, the owner of the place would be insane to turn you in. If he is running an establishment where prostitution is occurring, he would face far more serious penalties than you would. You would merely be charged with soliciting a prostitute, which is a misdemeanor. He would be charged with running an unlawful business and perhaps, depending on whether his masseuses are citizens and at least 18 with international illegal trafficking in women.

Typically, the only way you'd get caught for something like this is if the massage establishment were raided and you were discovered in the middle of an unlawful act. Otherwise, since massage parlors can provide both legal and illegal services, the fact that you were on the premises wouldn't prove anything.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.