Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Former administrative hearing officer

I am being blackmailed on the internet by a person who has a

Customer Question

i am being blackmailed on the internet by a person who has a sex tape and he will put it
on youtube
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and I look forward to assisting you.

As you have discovered, paying a blackmailer rarely makes them go away. They usually just keep making ever escalating demands.

Unfortunately, the only way you will stop the person is by involving law enforcement. In other words, you will need to report this to the police. They will contact the person and either arrest them or scare them into stopping.

You can also sue them for public disclosure of private information and for intentional infliction of emotional distress, but law enforcement is probably the most expedient way to get this to stop.

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.