CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

I was cited off illegal fireworks in the city of Rialto in

Customer Question

Hi, I was cited for setting off illegal fireworks in the city of Rialto in California (San Bernardino County) and I do not live there, I was visiting a friend for his street's block party where everyone was setting off fireworks. The ticket says its a misdemeanor and I in my whole life have never had a felony or a misdemeanor. What are my options at this point for a lawyer? I was quoted by a well known lawyer in the area and they are asking for a tremendous deposit amount.
The officer that cited me was in an unmarked car with tinted windows and they went ahead and confiscated all the "illegal fireworks" from my friend's garage where they didn't even have a search warrant.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am afraid this will affect my current employment status where politics is very rampant.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My appearance date is 10/6/16 and I do not want to plead guilty.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 3 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

While we cannot provide specific referrals to an attorney (it does appear you have already received at least one), I can offer you resources to look for other attorneys in the Rialto/San Bernadino County area:

You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).

Your local attorney may be able to identify defenses based on the specifics of your case, and/or help you negotiate a settlement (plea bargain) in your matter resulting in a reduction of charges against you, but the issues you raise (others doing it, unmarked squad car, and removal of illegal materials from property) are not going to be sufficient defenses (based only on what you post).

If you do not plan on pleading guilty, I would recommend retaining a lawyer (either the one you spoke with earlier, or one that you find on the resources above, or if you cannot afford to retain a lawyer, contact the San Bernadino County Public Defender's Office).