Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Experience:  15 years practicing criminal defense.
19958803

I live in the state of texas and my neighbor is always

Customer Question

Hello, I live in the state of texas and my neighbor is always harrasing me and my family. She some times takes video of my kids without my permission. Is that legal or can i do something to stop her?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: This women has made racist coments to us and our family.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

She some times takes video of my kids without my permission. Is that legal or can i do something to stop her?

.

If the children are outside in public then although creepy there is noting illegal about videotaping or taking pictures of them. She couldn't make money from the video or pictures without your consent, but taking pictures of anyone in a public place, even in someone's back yard (that is considered a public place) is legal as long as it is not done for profit.

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

thanks