P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.

I was a Dunkin Donuts franchisee who was ultimately forced

Customer Question

I was a Dunkin Donuts franchisee who was ultimately forced to sell my store in lieu of one of those ridiculous suits? How do I bring up charges against Dunkin for illegal activity such as; adding someone to my franchise agreement without my consent..,using that person to steal close to $200,000 in material which were redistributed through internal Dunkin channels.., Intimidating my buyers until I dealt with their buyer, who has not paid me 40% of my proceeds..,Caused me to pay 40% more for credit card processing..,Used its credit card vendor, Bank of America/First Data, to illegally foreclose and sell a property in another state, with little paper trail...,paid 2 of my attorneys to do nothing on my behalf (as reported to the Attorney Grievance Board). I have not been able to hire a private investigator or an attorney. Everyone I call eventually stops taking my calls. I even sent 2 letters to Maryland State's Attorney General Dale C****. He just sympathized with me and suggested I break it into separate issues. I have a ton of proof, but it's all useless until I break through this blacklist.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am truly sorry for this dilemma. The problem you face is that law enforcement (including the attorney general and local police) have "discretion". This means that they are not required to investigate/prosecute any particular complaint.

So they can ignore you...and there is no way to force them to take this case.

That said, you do have recourse. If Dunkin Donuts violated their agreement with you, you can sue them in civil court.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.