Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My husband is in jail in another state and is worried that

Customer Question

My husband is in jail in another state and is worried that when i go to get him out that pa will put a detainer on him can they put a detainer for charges you were never arrainged on
JA: You're dealing with a tough issue. But don't worry -- you're in good hands. I know the lawyer has information that can help.
Customer: So any advice
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I don't want to drive out to Ohio to bond him out if pa is gonna put a detainer on him can they detain you on charges you have never been arraigned on and someone told me that pa wouldn't go get him because he's out of the 250 mile radios
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 3 months ago.

Hello. I will help you with your questions. I have been an attorney for 27 years and I was a DA for 9 years. Why do you think PA will put a detainer on him?

Are you aware of a warrant in Pennsylvania?