Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I am under investigation credit card fraud my brother in law

Customer Question

I am under investigation for a credit card fraud my brother in law is doing this after he help me pay for some bills I had and helped my family I got a call from a detective where he lives at do I talk to detective or not ?
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Pennsylvania
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No cause the officer didn't call till this past Fri July 1
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: My brother in law gave me permission for the transactions and because of his social worker he filed these charges
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.
If your brother in law gave you permission to use the card, why is he filing charges now?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Cause his social worker is saying I fraud him ..see he is unable to read and write so she handles his checking and bills for him but he has control over his account I asked him for help because of my financial situation he helped me then cause his social worker got up set in which I told her all the transactions he did for me
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I met with her and him may 6 I told her of the transactions he did for me but on Fri a detective from where he lives said my name came up in a investigation he wants to come to my house Wed to talk to me I don't know if I should talk to him or not I am scared stiff cause I never even had a ticket before
Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.
Ok. Thanks.
Given that situation, you're better off to consult a lawyer before speaking to the investigator. Law enforcement takes claims against vulnerable people it's best ok have a lawyer with you.