PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

A DUPLICATE QUESTION. I have been frequenting a certain

Customer Question

THIS IS NOT A DUPLICATE QUESTION. I have been frequenting a certain religious website that I had a history with. In the past I was truly interested in their religious message. I even had met with someone from the site so that she could talk to me about her religious perspective. That was I would say about a year ago. I didn't seeeye to eye with her and I ended up getting banned from the site I suppose because they believed that I was against their message. Well, I returned to the site yesterday to see if I was still banned and I was not. I looked around and today, while online, someone on the site contacted me via text with her message. I was not responding and she said something like, "I see from my program that I have spoken to you quite a bit in the past. I am going to say good afternoon. bye." And she was gone. I went back to the site simply to look around and after being texted by the same woman she said something like, "Oh it's you again. I have to go." I said, "Why are you so upset? I didn't say anything rude." She simply said that she had to move on and wouldn't talk any further unless I would give her my email. She said, "Have you ever gotten an email from us." I answered honestly (and without thinking) "Not that I know of. It's been a while since I have been to this site." I didn't mention that I actually met with someone from the site and discussed their message. When I said that I had not recieved an email I was not lying but answering a question. I was concerned that if they put 2 and 2 together they could say that I am harassing them. That is not my intent. I guess they could just block me from their website if they wish. Have I done anything to this point that could be considered harassment and get me into any trouble?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 3 months ago.

Based on the information that you have provided here, the answer is no. You have not done anything thus far that would be considered a form of harassment.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.