Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

How to find out if my record has been expunged, Tennessee

Customer Question

How to find out if my record has been expunged
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Tennessee and Georgia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No! I've text one but no response.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you in this question.

Criminal records don't go away unless you take affirmative steps to seal or expunge them, assuming your state allows for that. Otherwise, they remain on your record for the rest of your life.

If you never took steps to expunge your Tennessee or Georgia conviction, then they are still on your record. If did have them formally expunged, the best way to find out if that got done would be to order your criminal record from the FBI, which will give you your 50 state and federal record, or from Tennessee and Georgia, and see for yourself what is on your record.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.