Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My daughter had a charge in one county but was probation in

Customer Question

My daughter had a charge in one county but was probation in another county. The first county filed MTR but it was dismissed. On the first offence she was their 4 months Then another county for 4 more months. The second county gave her a
JA: Probation issues can be stressful, but getting correct information is key to getting control of a situation. Fortunately, the attorneys have a lot of experience with this, and I'd love to connect you with the best fit.
Customer: The second county sentenced her 2 2years tdcj. They credit her with time served and she was paroled and was then sent back to the fi sent to first county for MTR and atty said she had very little credit for time served, even though she spent over 7 months there. How do we get this credit.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Only court appointed atty who said only time waiting for MTR counts. We live in independent living for seniors and have little income.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: She is an addiction and was living on the streets. The first county placed her on probation and did not verify home address and I had to call Taylor county tx to tell them she was in Dallas County jail. She was sentenced to 2 yrs and again I had to call Taylor county tx and tell them she was in tdcj custody, and then they filed an MTR and has a hearing on that 7/14.. How is her time served counted. She has been in one jail or another almost 2 yrs. Tdcj was going to send her to transitional housing in Austin a feral this latest hearing was done Taylor county dismissed the 1st Mtr.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My daughter was sent to drug rehab Phoenix house in Dallas. Someone tried to steal her things and she yelled at her, the other inmate hit my daughter and my daughter hit her back, so they were both dropped from the program. She was about 2 thirds through. She has had no trouble since and has been very good since. I think she was not treated fairly by Taylor county. They did not send a warrant for 6 months and by that time her entire family moved. I had a stroke and moved to a quieter place.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is very late and I would rather talk tomorrow. Thank you. This young woman has had a hell of a life the last 5 years.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Taylor county tx had the original complaint 7/2014 and did a warrant 1/2015. My daughter never did see what evidence was against her. She was freaked out and took the first thing they offered her and went back to ***** where she had no resident. She was literally living in a dead end alley way. She kept shop lifting to pay for food and drugs and in fact O/Did several times. When I called Dallas County, they said they never accepted her case and sent it back to Taylor County. That is when the first MTR was dismissed. and sent her to Dallas County where she stayed there 3 months to get into the the tdcj program.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Legalease replied 5 months ago.

Hello there --

-

I am sorry to hear about all of these issues that your daughter has been having. I realize that it is late and you stated that you would rather chat tomorrow at some point which is acceptable to me as well. There are additional charges for a telephone call if you want to proceed in that manner tomorrow -- I have to submit your request to customer service and then they will send an Offer for Premium Service to you (it should be a pop up box) -- and you can either accept the service or decline the service, but either way we can still chat here in this message forum -- and we can do that tonight or tomorrow, as you wish. Please let me know. MARY

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Never mind. I have called the department of corrections my self and received what I needed. I thought someone who is familiar with Texas State law would be best. Please cancel my request. I am sorry for your time.