CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

I'm being call to testify in civil court a case. I have an

Customer Question

I'm being call to testify in civil court a for malpractice case. I have an expunge arrest with no conviction. so under oath if they ask me if I ever been arrested? what should be my answer? since my record has been expunge and since everything I say will be public record. Do I say no?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. Have you spoken with the attorney who called you to testify? If so, what did they say?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, I haven't.

Thank you. You do want to reach out and speak with the attorney who is calling you as a witness. They should be advised of this. As you are aware, the expungement prevents the public from seeing the arrest. In this situation, you are under oath and testifying in a court of law, so the attorney may want you to disclose this, to avoid it looking bad/negatively if it comes out at some point during the trial, in an attempt by the other party to trying discredit you. Seeing how it was just an arrest and the case was dismissed, it should not be an issue or relevant to this.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or concerns. I am here to help so please just let me know