Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I have a question my best friend is in South Carolina and

Customer Question

I have a question my best friend is in South Carolina and being held for a warrant in Louisiana how long do she have to wait until Louisiana comes and gets?
JA: Our average wait time is under 20 minutes. Sometimes it takes just a minute. More complicated questions that need more research might take an hour or two. I'd be happy to chat with you while you wait. The stories I've heard working here...
Customer: Ok thanks
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?
Customer: She is in South Carolina now and waiting on Louisiana and it was issued about November/December
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I was just trying to figure out how long until they come and get her first
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No she signed the wavior to be picked up
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 3 months ago.

Good morning:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question.

May I ask, for how long has your friend been held on the warrant in SC?