Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience in criminal law, BA in criminal justice
20355756

I'm afraid to turn myself in even if I pay on the spot

Customer Question

I'm afraid to turn myself in even if I pay on the spot they will arrest me and it could take up to 48 hours. I have kids!!
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 9 months ago.

Hello there --

-

This same thing happened to my own husband on a forged check case. He mixed up the dates and appeared the day after he was supposed to appear. The court simply pulled his file and pulled the warrant out of the system because the warrant had not even been punched in yet (that takes a few days). So, if you appear at the court ASAP it is most likely that the warrant will not have even been issued and even it was, they will hear the case and let you pay any fines and end the case there. The jails are overcrowded and they do not want to put anyone in jail if they truly do not need to do so. I think you are worrying needlessly. Just go to the clerks office and give them your name and they will send the matter and you up to the court to be heard -- I can virtually guarantee that you will not go to jail unless you have other warrrants out for your arrest.

-

MARY

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this issue and I am happy to answer them for you. If you have no further questions, can you please press a positive rating in the star rating section above so I will be paid for my time assisting you today. I am paid nothing unless you press the middle star or the fourth or fifth star to the right of the middle star in the ratings section above these message boxes. We are not paid an hourly wage and our only compensation is when a customer is conscientious enough to leave a positive rating in the rating section above. THANK YOU VERY MUCH and THANK YOU FOR USING JUST ANSWER.

-

MARY