Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.

My husband license was briefly suspended after failing to

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: My husband license was briefly suspended after failing to pay a ticket. He is starting work with a new county- he is a teacher, and they said he could be disqualified because of his record.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: How can he get the suspension off his record?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Sorry. We are in Maryland. We just learned about this like 30 minutes ago!
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No. He paid the fees went to court and everything is satisfied.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: It was all fixed quickly. It's in Maryland.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What kind of license? What was the reason for the suspension?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I never gave my email address
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is his drivers license. The suspension was due to unpaid tickets and administrative fees

If you have paid everything then the suspension should have already been lifted although it can take a few weeks for the court to get send the paperwork to the state and for them to process it.

The suspension will never go "off his record" but it will show as "no longer a suspension". As to his work, I have never seen a school fire or suspend a teacher for a traffic ticket related issue unless it was a DWI or hit and run or something like that.

You may want to go back to the court that originally issued the ticket and suspension and have them give you something staring that everything has been paid and resolved.