Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I'm just trying to see what kind of trouble my daughter bf

Customer Question

I'm just trying to see what kind of trouble my daughter bf is really in. He held my daughter hostage and punched her was charged with simple assault false imprisonment and harassment subject other to physical contact
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Pennsylvania
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Oh she's pregnant
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 11 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

What is it you specifically want to know?

I was hoping to hear from you to have you clarify your question. Your daughter's boyfriend has a domestic violence case. Such charges are generally taken very seriously. The simple assault and the false imprisonment are misdemeanors of the second degree, which has a maximum possible penalty of two years of imprisonment. Harassment is in most cases only a summary offense.

Basically, his maximum risk on this case is likely two years of imprisonment. Whether he/his lawyer would be able to negotiate some kind of a resolution to the case which would allow him to avoid jail would depend upon the particular facts and circumstances of the offense and her boyfriend's personal and criminal history.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.