Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

Are their any guidelines parole officer when they come to

Customer Question

Are their any guidelines for a parole officer when they come to check out your home before someone moves in to stay with you thats on parole? Do they have limits in searching your home?
JA: Since parole regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

No, there are no limits. If you consent to parole entering your house to see if it's okay for an inmate to be paroled there, you are giving them permission to search the entire premises to make sure there is no contraband there that could compromise the parolee and/or you.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.