Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

My boy friend was arrested fugitibe of justice warrent

Customer Question

My boy friend was arrested for a fugitibe of justice warrent for another county in colorado how long do they habe to pick him up and its a minor traffic ticket could he get jail time?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?
Customer: Were in pueblo county and his foj was in el paso county here in colorado and it it was issued about 9 months ago i believe
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No dont have money for one i am exempt from working because of my mentally disability
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

In Colorado, bond on the warrant matter has to be set within 48 hours. That timing does not include weekends or holiday. It can take much longer to move the inmate but as long as he has had bond set on him, his rights have been met. Colorado law does not provide a time time limit for his physical transport, but with bond set, he's getting credit for the time on the other county.

So once bond is set, the quickest way to get him out would be to post bond in the county that issued the warrant and then get proof of that to the county that is holding him, so that he can be released.

Are there cases in both counties?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.