Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Can a judge revoke your bail because you were locked up in

Customer Question

Can a judge revoke your bail because you were locked up in another county and missed your court date.and you showed up to other court date s
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 10 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Yes. A judge has the discretion to revoke bail if you missed your court date because you were rearrested and locked up in another county. That would be a change of circumstances for the worst with regard to the defendant. Additionally, by revoking bail and putting a hold on him, the judge will be able to ensure that he'll be produced in his court after the close of the case in the other county as well as help ensure that he'll get credit for the time in on both cases.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.