KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  Over 13 years of experience practicing law.
8989662

CAN THE CONTENT STORED IN A CELL PHONE BE USED IN COURT?

Customer Question

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question.

Now, when you say the "contents" stored in a cell phone, a little more information would be needed to provide a more thorough analysis of the issue and more accurate information being provided. What type of "content" would you be referring to in your hypothetical (i.e., call logs, pictures, gps information, etc)?

Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 10 months ago.

Hi there, it looks like the other attorney helping you isn't online any more, so I am happy to assist.

Yes, the information stored on a cell phone can be used as evidence in court. You can use anything that is stored by the carrier of the service as well, so the call logs can be obtained in court, as well as any other data that they keep.

If there is something specific you have in mind please let me know. You are welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thanks

Kim