Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Should I re a criminal defense attorney if it's likely the

Customer Question

Should I hire a criminal defense attorney if it's likely the case could be dismissed?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

You could always go in without an attorney, plead not guilty to the charge and see if the prosecutor is going to dismiss it. Then if the prosecutor does not dismiss it but says that they are ready to go forward with the case, you could ask the judge for a continuance to come back with an attorney on the next date

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.