How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 115463
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am on 3 year defered jugment from colorado but live here

Customer Question

Hi I am on 3 year defered jugment from colorado but live here in florida it was for unemplyment fraud I have completed 14 month of three year judgment have completed everthing I am still paying restution to colorado I was hping to get unspervised probation when I agreed to this colorado said I could not leave stated I lived in and florida changed
JA: You're dealing with a tough issue. But don't worry -- you're in good hands. I know the lawyer has information that can help.
Customer: I have never been in trouble in my life what I did was so wrong I'm so glad I got defered jugment so I can expunge it when it's done but it make it so hard when I would like to move to be closer to family what can I do
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No the attorney I had was in colorado she was not very helpful l once asked probation officer she did tell me there where different programs in florida but I was not sure how to go about it because offense was in colorado and I now live here in florida not sure if I need an attorney here or there
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No it was three year defered judgement never had any others problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you have not received any probation violations and you have been complying with all of the terms of probation, then you would have to go to the Colorado court where you were convicted. You would file a motion to modify probation to ask the court, based on reports from your FL probation and/or Colorado probation officer that you report to, that you have complied with terms of the probation and supervision is no longer necessary. They typically will not consider this until you have completed at least 1/2 of your probation, so you can file now and by the time it makes it to court it will be 1/2 of your probation.