Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Search warrant an seizing of personal belongings, LOUISIANA

Customer Question

Search warrant an seizing of personal belongings
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?
Customer: LOUISIANA and it was issued at 12:00 today
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I have not
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Besides me not having my reciepts for the items. An they also didn't give me a reason as to why we we're being searched.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

Were you also charged with a crime? What is the question you have to ask about this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No ibwas not charged with a crime.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

What property was taken from you? What is your question with regard to this incident?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
some of my belongings we're taken from me. An my question I'd how long can they hold my belongings