Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

If I 't report to parole.but not get locked back up in 7

Customer Question

If I don't report to parole.but not get locked back up in 7 year's can they lock me up for failure to report
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: North Carolina but I'm from new York
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you saying that you failed to report to your parole officer and got away with it for 7 years? And you want to know if you can be violated back to confinement now?

2. How long was your parole to be for?

Doug