Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

If I 't report to parole.but not get locked back up in 7

Customer Question

If I don't report to parole.but not get locked back up in 7 year's can they lock me up for failure to report
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: North Carolina but I'm from new York
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you saying that you failed to report to your parole officer and got away with it for 7 years? And you want to know if you can be violated back to confinement now?

2. How long was your parole to be for?

Doug